Welcome to Doodle Dogs!
If you have a puppy, a teenager, a senior dog or anything in-between and need help with training then I am here for you.
I aim to provide a friendly, approachable service to owners of pet dogs of any age, any breed and any background, including rescues. I would love to enhance your relationship by helping you to effectively nurture a happy, confident canine companion with good manners who can enhance, rather than restrict, your daily life!
Training a dog of any age and background is a wonderfully way to build your relationship and deepen your understanding of each other – as well as getting the behaviours and skills you are after.
Puppy classes begin with communication, key to getting your training off to a good start. Once your puppy is listening to you, you can work towards achieving the dog you are after – plus have the the best chance of getting through those teenage months!
Dogs of any age can be trained to perform a range of behaviours – you can teach an old dog new tricks! It may take longer but that can make training all the more rewarding. One to One Tuition is there for anyone with a specific training desire, those who do not appreciate group classes and those who need lessons at a specific time. Let me know what you are after and we can work out a training plan.
I use positive, science-based reinforcement techniques with trust and confidence-building exercises to help you get the most out of your relationship with your dog. In accordance with this practice, I will not allow the use of slip leads, choke chains or any other device that could hurt or damage your dog in my lessons so please do not bring any of these items with you.
A great illustration of why rewards work better than punishment can be seen in this video (scroll down the page):
As I am going to be working with your precious pup, you may like to know that:
- I am qualified with the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT)
- I passed the IMDT Membership Assessment with Merit
- I maintain ongoing membership of the IMDT
- I have passed the IMDT Level 3 course in Learning, Motivation and Reinforcement
- I have a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Animal Management with Distinction
- I have a Level 3 Open College Network certification in the principles of Dog Training and Behaviour
- I am currently studying the IMDT Level 4 course in Understanding and Working with Canine Behaviour
- I have completed a K9 First Aid Course
- I have attended a recent Dog Law Seminar with Trevor Cooper and
- I am insured with Cliverton, a specialist animal industry insurer